Monday, March 5, 2012

It Suits You

I like Molly Hooper. I like her a lot. I liked her a lot more during series two than in series one, but it's mostly because she is seen a great deal more in series two, or at least it feels that way. I guess I like Molly because I find her really relatable and sweet. I would hate to admit it but I'm very much like Molly personality-wise.

The polish is called It Suits You.


It's a light pink shimmer that is supposed to have hints of glitter. The glitter doesn't show up very much at all. You can see a very very small hint here and there. I applied the polish, took the pictures, and then got upset and added more glitter to the polish, which I didn't photo because I really didn't want to repaint my nails.

The name was also a pain in the neck to figure out. Not much is said to or about or by Molly that would have made a good polish name. Everyone else seemed so much easier. But she is the very first one I came up with a name for Series two, you can probably guess what it is going to be already.


I really do like the color though. It's a very opaque light pink, which is nice because pinks tend to be very sheer. As much as I like the color I don't like wearing it. It seems off on me and I can't place why. My skin tone is a complicated place. I'm very very pale but I have olive undertones, which mess everything up. However, this pink is very cute and very girly. I will probably wear it regardless, BECAUSE WHO ELSE WILL WEAR IT?


The manicure is even girly than the color. I did a gradient with OPI's Teenage Dream. Teenage Dream is my favorite favorite nail polish but I find that I wear it so little. This manicure actually reminds me of a manicure I did around the same time last year, before I got into nail art. I saw some nail tutorial and wanted to try it. I actually had to go to the store and buy the right color nail polish because I only had like two bottles. That seems like ages ago. LOOK HOW FAR WE'VE COME.


I actually really don't like the manicure. It is done fine and everything but it just looks so dreadfully immature on me. I usually wear darker warmer tones. The Sherlock frankens have fit more with what I tend to wear usually. Now that I think about it the rest of the polishes from this point on are a lot more garish. Well, the next few days should be fun.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow I shall be swatching Mrs. Hudson's color, then after that it's the episodes and then after that NOTHING. I have to swatch two a day somewhere because I leave for home Thursday morning and I don't really want to take the Sherlock polishes with me, I fear losing them.

I was trying to figure out what I would do for the three some weeks manicure wise and I thought that it would be the perfect opportunity to do the 30 day challenge! I know I said I don't enjoy having my mani's planed out but since I have to plan what polishes I'm taking anyway I might as well do it. And then when I get back I will do the frankens for Sherlock series two! Get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment