Friday, March 2, 2012

A Drugs Bust

Lestrade is one of my favorite characters on the show. I think he deserves more attention than he gets. Of course I adore John and Watson, but Lestrade is so fantastic.

The Lestrade polish is called A Drugs Bust.


When I was making the polish I didn't plan on making it so glittery. Again this was another one of those instances where I was totally unaware of the shine until I got it into the light. However I loved it. It's got so much sass just like our dear friend Greg.



It originally was very thick and kind of unworkable. I realized that seems to happen with the all polish frankens, it happened with The Sitting Down Type as well. The eyeshadow/pigment polish blends tend to be on the thinner side. Also the brushes in these bottles are kind of gross. There is just something wrong about them. They seem a little bushy for polish brushes. Anyway I just slapped some polish thinner in there and it fixed the application. Although it didn't fix the brushes. Nothing can fix the brushes, or my heart.


For the mani I did some sort of 80's geometric thing. Doing it was fun and when I did it I thought it was cute. Looking at it now I'm not so sure. Despite the fact it's sort of funky I actually fell like it's a little plain.


I do like the right hand a bit better. It was actually the test hand but it seemed to go a lot better than my left. I also wanted to add that the black crackle is really fucking fussy. It's Milani's black crackle. It only cracks if you use one coat and do the swipes perfectly. I'm thinking about giving up and just buying the black OPI crackle, but I'm hesitant since crackle is on the way out.

This entry in general seems bleh. I apologize. I really do like the polish but I've had a lot of work to do in the past few days and it's left me feeling tired and unenthusiastic. Next post I will do the Molly polish. Hopefully the post will be up tomorrow. BLEEEEH.

No comments:

Post a Comment