Monday, February 27, 2012

Childish Feud

I decided to wear the Mycroft polish. It's called Childish Feud.


It's a dark brown shimmer. I originally didn't have any idea what to do for Mycroft; I had tons of names though. The color came to me when I was re-watching the Great Game. Mycroft's whole office is just wood. Nothing but wood and books. Wood for days. Wood. Wood. Wood. Must resist urge to make boner joke.


I originally wanted it to be darker, but I swatched it and decided that I liked it as is. It is a bit of an odd color for my skin tone, though. Maybe it's my own delusions, but I can carry most browns better than I can carry this. I think maybe it's the shimmer that's throwing it off. But I still like it and will still wear it. I don't give a fuck. They're my nails. That's something I've never understood about other nail oriented ladies who are like "I like this color, but it looks bad with my skin tone." GURL WHO CARES. WEAR IT. THEY BE YOUR NAILS, HONEY. GIVE ZERO FUCKS. 


RIGHT HAND. DIVERSIFY. THIS BLOG IS TOP QUALITY.

For the mani I did a black water marble. It looks like wood! You could eat cake off of those nails! Sherlock references! This is my first successful attempt at a water marble. I think it helps a ton that it is all dark colors and a dark base. Any little mistakes, which there are a few, are relatively undetectable.



What disappoints me about this picture is that the pointer finger on my left hand missed out on the full marble experience. It is marbley, but the color is really light and only on one side. So the right side of the nail is cool, but you can't see it. But trust me, it's there, and it looks cool. 

Next post is Lestrade, and after that it's the ladies.

You are beautiful and wonderful. I love you. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Normally I don't care at all about nail polish, but this is lovely, and the idea of Sherlock inspired nail polish makes me drool. Great job, and perfect name for it.

    ReplyDelete