Saturday, February 25, 2012

No You Won't

Today I'll be showing you all the Moriarty polish. It's called No You Won't.


I am not entirely sure how to describe the color. I guess I would call it a subtle black glitter. It has appears black in most lights but move your hand around and glitter pops up. The most noticeable glitter is the big hexagonal peices but there actually is a lot more smaller glitter throughout.


At first I was upset because the glitter doesn't show up that much and I thought about adding more. However, after wearing it for a bit it grew on me. Moriarty is flashy and quirky (is that the right word for it?) but he is more of a mystery in the first series, so having a more subdued glitter makes sense, or at least it does to me.

I originally was going to name the polish "Burn the Heart Out of You" but the label was so big you couldn't see the polish from the front at all. I also don't think the name would have went with the polish all that well. Moriarty can be very dark but also can be very fun, and this polish just seemed more fun to me. I might pick something all together darker for next series but I'm unsure. I don't have very much planned out for the next series.


I added Metallic 4 Life  by OPI over the polish and then topped it off with Color Club's Diamond Drops. I adore Diamond Drops so much. I would put it over all dark colors forever. I think it gives manis this dark edge to them because it looks so much like broken glass. I just don't like it with light springy colors. Every time I see the collection it comes in I go "but whhhhhhhy?" but to each their own.

The major hang up I have with Diamond Drops is that it's gooey. It's so thick it's unbelievable. I have tons of glitters that come in the same thick jelly base but not ever seem to be so awful as Diamond Drops. I can never wear Diamond Drops out anywhere because since it's so thick that it never seems to fully dry so even with a quick dry topcoat I still snag my nail somewhere and it rips the polish off all gooey like. Gross, right?



I must admit, even though all the polishes from the line are from series one of Sherlock, I was thinking of series two Moriarty when I did this mani. I won't get too much into the inspiration but there was some broken glass in the Reichenbach Fall and Moriarty was flashy and spectacular as he always is.

I am at a loss of which one to do for tomorrow. I am caught between Mycroft and Lestrade, I wish I could say that sentence more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment