Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Sitting Down Type

Good news, I finished the BBC Sherlock series one frankens. There are a total of ten. I will do a series two collection as well, which I'm pretty sure will have eleven which will include the main cast, the three episodes, and Irene Adler. I will hold off doing the series two franken until after it is done airing in the States. It's not because I'm afraid of spoilers or anything like that but because my spring break is coming very soon and I won't have all my polishes with me. I also need to re-watch Series two, and I need time to mentally prepare to re-watch The Reinchenbach Fall.

Moving on, I've been wearing the Watson polish. It's called the Sitting Down Type.


It's probably my favorite polish out of the bunch, if I were to be honest. This polish is actually why I started the line. I was re-watching Series 1 for the 800th time and I noticed that I always associated John with this sort of dark camo green. The name came pretty quickly as well.


The only way to describe the color is a dark camo green. I'm truly in love with the color. I'm always fan of dark colors and, especially greens. Unlike A Study in Pink and Consulting Detective, I haven't worn this color yet. It's actually because I was too in love with it and I didn't want to waste it.

For each of these colors I am trying to do a more complex mani to go with the blog post. I think it would be terribly boring to see just the plain manis. So this time I did a black, gold, and the Sitting Down Type chevron. I thought it had a sort of military feel about it.

I actually was going to do a double chevron sort of thing, similar to that of the Corporal symbol, but I decided against it since I've never done a tape mani and doing a chevron seemed hard enough.


It turned out okay for a first try. For some reason I find tape manis incredibly hard. I've done all sorts of crazy nail stuff but never touched tape manis. Also please excuse the tip shrinkage on the pointer and middle finger. I did wrap my tips but I literally used so much Seche that it still shrunk the polish right off the tip.

That's it for Watson, well until the Series Two collection. Next post I will do Moriarty. I'm actually already wearing the polish but I'm holding pictures off until tomorrow because I'm exhausted!

Thanks for reading. You are beautiful and wonderful, I love you.

2 comments: